20 weeks – yeah
There has been quite a lot to happen since my last post (sorry)
On Tuesday June 23rd we had out ultrasound and learned that we are expecting a little girl! It was amazing to see her move around on the screen with her tiny hands/feet/and kicking legs. All of her measurements looked good, so we have a heathly little girl!
Our next doctors apt is this upcoming Monday, July 6th, so I will fill you in on more after that.
On Wednesday morning we headed up to Cheyenne and then Denver. In Cheyenne we visited the wonderful Fodor family – Larry, Lauren, and 9 month old Clayton. I wish I could say I took pictures, but I didn’t (sorry, I am kicking myself for it) But I can tell you their house and surroundings are beautiful – Chris was in heaven with the antelope wandering the hillside. We daydreamed for a bit about living there, but in reality know we aren't leaving AZ.
On Friday morning we reluctantly left Cheyenne and headed back down to Denver, where we picked up Megan and headed to the Omni hotel for Victoria’s wedding on Saturday evening. The wedding and reception went great – and I was able to get a couple pictures (yeah) but I have my camera cord at home - so I will download those this weekend.
Sunday morning we left early to get back home, much to the happiness of our dogs. With motivation from Larry & Lauren’s beautiful backyard, Chris wasted no time and set to work on our grass and adding a retaining wall between our grass and gravel (our dogs are tracking the rocks into the grass) Chris started the project last night – exciting stuff. He is determined to finish it on his own (the blocks are too heavy for me to lift in “my condition”) and I keep throwing in hints about cheap day laborers – we agreed he would start it on his own and then if he needed, we would get help. I am really excited that this is starting and know it will make a huge difference in our backyard.
On the baby front – we also browsed paint colors at Lowes and are thinking we are going to go with a light aloe green on three walls of the room, leaving one wall as is (which is a light yellow/white color – same as the rest of the house) Now I just have to get a sample can of the paint (not-toxic of course) and test of the color. If all goes well – let the painting fun begin. For those who are worried about my painting skills– I promise to use plenty of blue tape for cut ins and protect everything else.
We also started our baby registry – the plan is to be registered for JC Penny (bedding), BabiesRUs (most items) and Target (remaining items) It is a fun process, but also difficult with all the different options. Luckily – I have great friends who have been able to offer a great deal of advice.
So much that happened in just a couple of days – craziness!! I promise to update this soon after our next doctors visit!

belly photo please :) I'm just so sad I never did that so i'm living vicariously through you!! pretty please?
ReplyDeleteglad you had a great time on your trip this weekend. great news about the yard--can't wait to see it.